Planning a Romantic Picnic Just for Two
Dining outside while watching the sunset with your better half amidst beautiful surrounding is one of the best things to experience! There is no better way to spend quality time with your partner than enjoying a romantic picnic together. You two can arrange a small picnic at a place of your choice, make delicious snacks and even set up a cinema if you're planning it in your garden.
No matter where and how you want to arrange your Picnic, below are some amazing tips to consider:
Choose the venue of your Picnic
A picnic is something that you can organise at any time of the day, whether it's lunch, dinner or even brunch time. The best place for an intimate picnic is your own garden if you have one. But if you want to go somewhere outside, choose a park away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can also look for a nice corner near the lake or in front of the sea surrounded by breathtaking natural scenery. Remember, you are looking to prepare a romantic picnic away from people where you can enjoy peace and tranquility with your partner's company, so choose wisely!
Create the atmosphere
The details are extremely important when planning your Picnic. Choosing tablecloth and the food to be placed and much more, every details means a lot. The typical color that Is widely used is; red and white. But if you don't want to go for red, we recommend choosing pastel colors to match with the weather and menu of course. You can also select the music that you both like to listen to while you enjoy you picnic together. Don't forget to light some fruit scented candles to make your mood.
An evening picnic, perfect for a short romantic getaway
You two, laying on a picnic blanket under the sky full of stars, magical isn't it? The moonlight is undoubtedly more romantic than having a picnic under the sunshine. If you get a chance, plan an evening picnic in summer or fall. You can go the beach and have a picnic by the sea or in the mountains somewhere or in the fields, wherever you feel like it. Enjoy a night full of romance with delicious food and candles on!
Essential things to bring to Picnic
One of the main things to bring for Picnic is the cutlery including glass and plates. Bring some napkins and if possible, wet wipes and any tablecloth to place on your picnic blanket. Wrap all the utensils and place them in a backpack or a picnic basket along with food. Furthermore, do not hesitate to wear comfortable clothes and shoes that allow you to walk, run and move easily at all times. If you are planning a picnic in high temperature, pack a sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
Food for your romantic Picnic
Food is, undoubtedly, one of the best things about picnics. And the fact that you plan on enjoying your meal while spending leisurely time with your loved one only makes the entire experience better. However, it would be unfortunate if, for some reason, the food department fails. This has the potential to downgrade the affair as a whole. But worry not, for we have some excellent tips that are not going to fail you!
Types of Picnic Items
Since you will be spending a few hours outside, your food is bound to gain/lose heat before you get the chance to eat it. Therefore, you should prepare items that stay well for a couple of hours after preparation. It is best to prepare cold dishes, such as salads, sandwiches, pasta, fruits, cupcakes, etc.
Do not forget about staying hydrated! You would not want yourself, or your significant other, lacking fluids. So, make sure that you carry juices, soft drinks, obviously lots of water.
If it is the summer season, you can store cold drinks in a small cooler with ice pans. If it is a chilly day, you can take hot beverages, e.g., coffee, tea, hot chocolate, in a thermos with you.
Packing Food Items
You would not want your food to get spoiled even before you get the chance to eat it. Therefore, you must pack your food intelligently. Make sure you use airtight lunch boxes so that the air does not get to your food.
On an important note, remember to wash all your fruits and vegetables before leaving for Picnic as you may not have that luxury at the picnic destination.
Try going for containers that are lightweight and easy to carry since bearing a lot of weight will be undesirable. Opt for recyclable plastic or cardboard containers instead of glass ones are the former are light in weight.
Menu Ideas for Some Inspiration
Are you looking for some inspiration for a three-course meal for your Picnic? Do not worry, for we got you covered!
- Starters: olives, chips, cheese tacos, and toast with pate
- First course: quinoa salad with vegetables and cherry tomato
- Second course: cold tuna cake made with sliced bread
- Desserts: strawberries with cream
To add the perfect gourmet touch to your Picnic, you can accompany your meals with a bottle of delicious wine.
Tips and advice to make the Picnic even more enjoyable
Looking for some general advice to make the Picnic more enjoyable? Read through the bullets below:
- What to do if the picnic destination is not green enough? How to create a peaceful, green feel? Use a synthetic grass mat that will compensate for the absence of greenery.
- Suppose you have a problem sitting on the ground while picnicking, you can always take foldable chairs and tables with you. They are generally lightweight and easy to carry. Plus, you can also find picnic-tables on site. You will have to look for them.
- Remember to create a mesmerising, romantic atmosphere using decorative LED lights. It will add to the feel!
- Don't try to do it with your dressing if your region's climate doesn't allow so. There is no point in wearing heavy clothing in hot places as it will suffocate you and ruin your getaway.
- Take a mosquito repellant for yourself and your loved one, as these insects are abundant in open areas.
- If you are spending the evening in a cold location, take some blankets and hot chocolate with you.
- Plan for the activities you will be doing at the Picnic. While impromptu plans are always exciting, you do not want to be sitting idle if no inspiration hits you.
- Do not forget to photograph the memories of this romantic getaway!